Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Embossing with Framelits Tutorial

I designed this card for our demonstrator group meeting last night and demonstrated it many times throughout the month of March, including creating it with my Stamp Club. Everyone loved it! My favorite part of the card is the delicate embossed frame!


Check out this close-up:

I saw several different techniques for creating the embossed frame with the Framelits, but the one that worked best for me came from Angie Juda. Here's a photo showing the Big Shot "sandwich" that I used to emboss the frame. The most important thing is to make sure the cutting edge (the raised edge along the inside of the framelit) is face UP so that it doesn't cut the cardstock.

(Click to enlarge image)


Stampin' Up! Supplies: Vintage Vogue, Pretty in Pink ink, Certainly Celery ink & cardstock, So Saffron cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Jet Black Staz-On Ink, Subtles Patterns Designer Paper, Boho Blossoms Punch, Labels Collection Framelits, Silicone Rubber Pad, Pearl Jewel Accents, Stampin' Dimensionals

4 comments:

Wendie said...

Julie, I love this card and thank you for sharing the technique.

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

Thank you for sharing this technique. How wonderful the frame looks on this card! I pinned it, too. So let's see how far we can reach!

TrishG said...

Pretty card.
I have seen embossing with framelits before and have wanted to try it. Thanks for the instructions. Hopefully I can try it today.

MezzoKat said...

I tried this technique, but feel there's something I'm missing. If I emboss a piece of cs with a framelit,the embossing looks great, but I still need to die-cut the piece. I used the next size larger framelit to do this, but got a double embossed edge, not a single, as in your card. Did you use the paper snips to cut out the frame?