Monday, July 20, 2009

Record Low Temperatures

We had a little cold snap over the weekend with near-record low temperatures for July. It wasn't cold enough for snowmen, but I just can't wait until winter to post this cute snowman card! I used two hostess sets: Level 3 The More the Merrier (the snowmen) and the Level 2 Christmas Punch (snowflakes). I didn't catch this at first, but my upline pointed out that the snowflake stamp will fit perfectly in the Boho Blossoms punch to punch out the snowflakes!! WahoO! I love coordinating punches!

Supplies: The More the Merrier, Christmas Punch, Whisper White cardstock, Basic Black ink, In Color Markers, Bermuda Bay cardstock, Melon Mambo cardstock, Crushed Curry Polka Dot Ribbon, Linen Thread, Corner Rounder, 2-way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Stampin' Dimensionals

8 comments:

Janet Strain said...

I love the Christmas punch set! As soon as I preordered it I got the Boho Blossoms punch too! :)
I haven't used the stamps yet tho... I guess I feel weird making Christmas cards right now...?

Cam said...

How cool is that the snowflake fits in the boho blossoms punch!!!! Hmm, how can I get the stamp set????

Nancy B. - nacky71@hotmail.com said...

The two raised snow people add additional interest to the card. Gives them all personality.

Caryl P said...

What a fab xmas in July card! I love the glittered snow you added to the snowmen. Can't wait to get that set....

Anonymous said...

Julie, this is adorable! I just got that set and plan to use it for my Xmas cards! But hell, we just rid of our snow it feels like but it will be back soon enough!

ThreadCatcher said...

Good to know that the snowflake fits in the Boho Blossoms punch...have the punch, need to earn the set! Fun card. jmniffer

Stacey Schafer said...

love the dimension and sparkle on your snowmen, Julie! super cute!

Tessa Alanis said...

I can't wait till winter time either. Where I live it has been over 100's for over a week now. I love your snowman card. The colors are great.