Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hawaii Make & Takes, Part 1

I had to double-check with the home office and I got the okay to share these projects with you. Normally, make and takes are held during an "at sea" day on incentive trip cruises, but since we weren't cruising this year, they had an "open house" style make & take session and we could go when it fit our schedule of other excursions and activities. It worked out nicely and I went while Jim was golfing. I was hoping Elise would fall asleep in the stroller while I walked over to the convention center (onsite), but she was a little restless. Angela, Brent Steele's wife, was such an angel and strolled with Elise while I was stamping! Brent took a turn bouncing with Elise too, but I had sent the camera with Jim to the golf course, so I didn't get pictures of Elise with either one.

I'm rambling...sorry! On to the make and takes! We got a super cute new stamp set called "For All You Do" which will be in the Fall-Winter Idea Book & Catalog. It came in this little box with 5 brand new ink pads (Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, So Saffron, Old Olive, and Certainly Celery), an Old Olive marker, and a package of sticky strip which we needed to complete the projects. I sat at a table with 5 other stampers, so we each opened one ink pad and shared our supplies.

My favorite project was this purse! We used the small chipboard book covers for the front and back.

Inside was a series of pockets attached to the accordion fold side -- perfect for storing cards and envelopes. Wouldn't this make a cute gift!? I'll be designing another one for a class this spring...maybe Early May for Mother's Day...

Stay tuned for more Hawaii Make & Take projects to be posted tomorrow! And I still haven't uploaded all of my Hawaii pictures...I promise to get on that this week!

4 comments:

Two Happy Stampers said...

Thanks for sharing these treats with the rest of us! =D

Mary said...

This is soooooo cute, just love it.

Jen said...

I just love this little purse - too cute. I think I will steal your idea of making a class around that! What stamp set are the flowers from? And the "J"???

Kay said...

Hi-PLEASE tell us how to make the little purse!! I LOVE it!!! Hugs Kay