Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Julie's Color Inspiration Challenge

I am arriving in Orlando is this post is going live. I can't wait to check into Leadership Conference and get my copy of the new Spring-Summer Idea Book & Catalog. I know it's going to be awesome! I'll be having new catalog open houses and parties later this month and in February, so watch my calendar for details. If you live far away and would like a catalog, please send me an email and I'll hook you up when it's released January 19.

Because I'm traveling this week and won't have time for Kristina's weekly color challenge, I made up a color challenge of my own! I saved a piece of this wrapping paper from the gift my sister gave my dad for his birthday. (Too bad I didn't take a picture before he unwrapped it!) This photo doesn't do it justice it. The metallic wrapping paper has varying shades of blues, purple, and green. I picked out four colors for my color inspiration: Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Elegant Eggplant, and Kiwi Kiss.

I thought the colors were perfect for a masculine card and since today is my brother's birthday (Happy Birthday, Mark!), I made up this card for him.

Here's my unofficial challenge: Use these colors to make a card or other project and post a link to my comments. I'll pick my favorite and post it on Monday when I get back from Orlando. Happy Stamping!

Supplies: Starring You, Stars Jumbo Wheel, Pacific Point ink & cardstock, Tempting Turquoise cardstock, Elegant Eggplant cardstock, Kiwi Kiss textured cardstock, small & large Star Punches, 1-3/4" & 1-1/4" Circle Punches, Metal Edge Tags, Silver Brads

2 comments:

Barb said...

great color combo...didn't know Mark had a birthday in Jan!
I love those colors together, and as ususal you made an adorable card!

Stacey Schafer said...

ooooo....fun! i'll have to take a crack at it before Monday:) Wish I was with you at Leadership!