Sunday, October 26, 2008

Starring You Trio

Thomas and Claire attended a birthday party yesterday. It was actually a double birthday party for Thomas' preschool friend and his younger brother. I made three cards to go on the gifts we gave to the boys.

I used Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge for the first card. When I first saw the sketch, I thought of the large circle stamp from the Starring You stamp set. I took the color scheme from the Rock Star Card Elements Kit which coordinates with the Starring You stamp set.

I was happy to discover that The 1-3/4" Circle Punch fits perfectly in the large Metal Edge tag! I used scraps from the first card to make this 3x3 card.

Jim was getting on my case as I finished this one -- "What's taking so long? I've seen you whip up a card in a few minutes!" True, True -- but it felt good to just sit and create. I was running out of time though because they needed to leave for the party. So while he was situating car seats in his car, I whipped up the third card...in just a few minutes. (See, he was right! I can do it when I need to.)
In hindsight, I would have added one more small blue star off center of the mustard star. I think. Maybe I'll recreate the card and see how it looks. I was thinking this card would like great in other colors too -- or with flowers instead of stars.

Supplies (all cards): Starring You stamp set, Brilliant Blue ink & cardstock, Old Olive ink & cardstock, More Mustard cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Kraft cardstock, Metal Edge Tags, Large & Small Star Punches, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Crafters' Tool Kit

1 comment:

Beate said...

Great cards, Julie!
Thanks so much for playing in the challenge.
Hugs and smiles