Monday, June 30, 2008

Hair Gel "Water" Card

Who would have thought to use hair gel on a card? Well, someone did -- and isn't it fabulous?

The hair gel (any kind will do!) goes in a tiny, little ziploc bag (available in the craft or jewelry aisle) and gets adhered to the window over the fish to look like water. You really only need just a thin layer of gel in the bag. (Too much gel risks postal hazards.)

It's hard to see the fish in this picture, but I did the Rock 'N Roll technique. I inked it first in Tempting Turquoise and then "rolled" the edges of the stamp image on the Brilliant Blue ink pad. I added some 2-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds to give him a little sparkle. Using the window as a guide, I adhered the fish to the Brilliant Blue card base.

Then I put SNAIL adhesive on either side of the window and adhered the bag of hair gel to the Tempting Torquoise cardstock like this:

Use Stampin' Dimensionals in the corners to adhere this to the Brilliant Blue card base.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

Supplies: Life's a Breeze stamp set, Something Fishy Jumbo wheel, Hugs & Wishes, Tempting Turquoise Classic ink & cardstock, Brilliant Blue Classic ink & cardstock, Whisper White Craft ink & cardstock, hair gel, 2" x 3" craft bags, Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

lakestuff said...

I love the card!!! Does it ship ok???? I am worried about the hair gel freezing or melting if I mail it to someone....

Sheri said...

You are a real smart cookie!! I love doing things for the beach and water but I never would have thought of this. Super, thanks for sharing.

Alicia B said...

OMG, Thank you SO much for reposting the directions to this card! I had been searching for ages to try to find the instructions in the deepest darkest folders on my PC, but it wasn't to be found. Then, you posted your "Last Chance Favorites" and I found it AND made my own version as well! I so enjoy your newsletters and your sharing your ART with the rest of us! *Hugs* and take care!